Only established patrons in good standing with the library may borrow E-reader devices. Good standing is defined as no items being currently overdue and no money owed on account.
- Borrowers must be 18 years or older and must accept financial responsibility for damage or loss of the contents of the materials borrowed.
- Each borrower must complete an agreement form.
- The borrower must leave a phone number where he/she may be reached.
- Borrowers are limited to one e-reader device per family.
- E-readers will be loaned for twenty-eight (28) days and will not be renewed. Devices must be returned inside the library and into the hands of a library staff member. Do not put these in the book or movie return drop boxes located outside buildings.
- E-reader late fees are $5.00 per day with no maximum fee.
- E-reader downloads will be handled by library staff only and will be from the READS program accessible through our website only (www.sullivancountylibrarytn.org). No audio books will be placed on e-reader.
- Lost or damaged e-reader will be charged at the original price plus a $25 reprocessing charge.
- Laminated instructions on use of the e-reader are located on the carrying bag. Basic use of e-reader instructions will be provided by library staff.
I understand and agree the Sullivan County Public Library shall not be liable for any damage(s) to any personal property alleged to have been caused by use of materials borrowed from the library. I understand that I am to abide by the copyright laws.
The Sullivan County Public Library system reserves the right to refuse service to anyone who abuses equipment or who is repeatedly late in returning materials.